Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Need to focus

     The summer break ends in about a week, and I've barely gotten through the book I've been assigned. This happens a lot, and I end up rushing near the end of it (which is pretty much what I'll have to do now). But, it's become an even more clear issue to me. I came back from the Philippines a few days ago and could've made more progress on it but didn't until now. I just spent the time just enjoying myself, thinking I'll get to it later. But if I don't change this habit, it'll probably have a huge effect on me at probably the worst time.

    I'm 15 and next May I'll turn 16. That may not seem like something to worry about a lot since it's pretty far, but by then I'll be able to start making money off the music I make (according to Bandcamp). I wanna be able to take advantage of that instantly because I don't wanna try any other job, I don't think I could do well in anything other than what I'm passionate about. Not just that, but it seems like I'll really have to be prepared for 10th grade. It seems to be really tough, and not doing what I'm supposed to do once could probably have a huge negative effect and cause my grades to go down for a while. I've experienced it before and I don't want to experience it again.

    I think I should be spending less time with others and distractions, meanwhile I should spend more time to myself, whether it's doing my work or doing creative stuff, maybe even appreciating more media I haven't yet consumed.

- Anthony “Salteh” S. • • •

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sixteen

      Today, I turn 16. Today was a fine day.     Once again, today felt pretty normal, and I'm honestly ok with it being that way. Had ...