Saturday, February 19, 2022

What do I do now?

  A few weeks ago, I heard even more news about the Spotify situation. Apparently, Neil Young removed his entire catalog from the streaming platform to boycott against the controversy on the Joe Rogan Podcast, one of the many podcasts hosted on Spotify, assuming he wouldn't want to be affiliated with the podcast. I actually heard about it the day it happened, but it didn't necessarily catch my eye, until one day.

  One day, as I was scrolling through Twitter, I eventually paid attention to the "What's happening" section on the right side of the screen and found a moment (an article made on Twitter, compiling of tweets) from the Los Angeles Times about Joni Mitchell, one of my favorite solo artists, leaving Spotify, joining Neil Young in protest. It was completely shocking.

  As I tweeted several times about the situation, I also looked through hundreds of tweets about the situation that were going trending, including Spotify users deleting their accounts or cancelling their premium subscription, joining the boycott as well. This made me so interested that I typed a video script about it.

  After a while, I typed at least 5 paragraphs on the Notepad application that I use a lot. I was keeping it casual, just ranting about the situation, but I thought that was good and found it entertaining. However, when I was done for the day, I would just leave it on my computer, while it would be on sleep mode. I didn't dare to save anything. That was clearly a problem a while later.

  A few weeks ago, instead of continuing off on my desktop screen, with all applications kept last night still open, I was on the home screen, the screen you would click on to sign in. I was a bit worried, but at the same time thought, "Oh, maybe I'll just sign in and everything will be back the way it was. So I did, and everything was the way it was, same programs open, same positions as I left it at. However, they all restarted. They all acted as if I turned on the computer again, which I obviously did. But that meant one thing, my unsaved video script was gone.

  I couldn't do anything about it, and yes, it's my fault. I definitely should have saved it just in case. So now, it's gone, which means I couldn't record the 5+ other long paragraphs I prepared for the video. This is the point where I ask what I'm asking on the title of this blog: what do I do now?

  Pretty much the only video options I have are reviews, most definitely album reviews because music's my biggest interest and albums are more accessible than any other types of media. But there's also a casual Storytime-like video that I've been wanting to make for a while, and I actually have talked about it to some internet friends, and they seemed interested.

What do you all think?

-Anthony "Salteh" S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sixteen

      Today, I turn 16. Today was a fine day.     Once again, today felt pretty normal, and I'm honestly ok with it being that way. Had ...