Thursday, May 9, 2024

Sixteen

     Today, I turn 16. Today was a fine day.

    Once again, today felt pretty normal, and I'm honestly ok with it being that way. Had some teachers and schoolmates wish me a happy birthday. Once again just like last time, I'm deeply concerned with how I'm doing in ELA. I've failed it in 2 quarters, so I have to do my best this semester to hopefully pass.

    Had a few gifts at home. I asked my mom for a Xiu Xiu and Japanese Breakfast shirt as a gift a week ago, and the Xiu Xiu shirt arrived on Monday, though the same hasn't happened for the Japanese Breakfast shirt, but that's fine. My sister also had me a gift, that being a Japanese Breakfast vinyl! Jubilee specifically, would've loved getting Psychopomp more since that's my favorite album of Michelle's, but it's fine, Jubilee's still great. Listened to it with my family around and it's been a fine time.


    Interesting things have gone on today, and well, this week, and I certainly feel like I'm in for a treat. My EP reached 100 views today, and according to YouTube statistics, it gained 60 views today which came from Facebook... dear god I hope my mom didn't promote it as a birthday gift. Last week the new Agriculture EP dropped (which I didn't hear in full yet despite loving them), and tomorrow the new Knocked Loose album drops, so I'll probably be eating up new music from my favorite metal bands tomorrow. Not to mention Animal Well released today, and as a Videogamedunkey superfan, you sure as hell know I've been looking forward to it though I probably won't be able to play it anytime soon.

    With that being said, it's about time I put my life into perspective to consider how things are going for me right now, how they've been, and how they should be in the long run. Like I said earlier, I haven't been doing my best in school, and it's very crucial that I fix that drastically. It's mostly because of my distractions, and I've known very well what those are, just haven't been able to separate myself from them. There's a lot of media I hope to consume within the next few months, and creative endeavors I want to go on, but I'm only able to do that if I straighten out my grades and focus. Not to mention I have ideas for more music to put out, so I want to practice music more since I'm not the best with guitar yet and have been losing my years of piano practice. I also want to get back into practicing my art skills, as I've had ideas as to what to do with that.

    Beyond that, however, I need to start preparing for what I'll do as I get older. That may sound stupid, but seriously. I can't really see myself capable of pursuing normal part-time jobs, so I feel like music is my only option, therefore it's important that I'm pursuing it early. And it's more than just for my own benefit, I honestly do dream of somewhat making a name for myself in a creative field and doing bigger and more personal projects.

    Anyways, I have a big history exam to prepare for tomorrow. See you all.

- Anthony “Salteh” S. • • •

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meaning Behind 3 Dots

    Today's the last day of September and I haven't put out any blog posts this month. In order to not mess up my at-least-one-blog-...